so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mmm...Letters

So I've started reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, and I've really enjoyed it so far. It's somewhat of a difficult read and I'm only on chapter three, but as far as I can tell, it's going to be a great book. As you may know, I am a big fan of C.S. Lewis and I try to read as much of his stuff as I can. Well, this book that I'm reading, for those who don't know, is basically letters from the devil (Screwtape) talking to one of his demons (Wormwood) informing him of how to, in essence, destroy Christianity. Each chapter is a different letter adressing a different way that Satan tries to destroy the Christian faith.

The first chapter brought up the fact that there are so many different religous philosophies that people have just started to accept them rather than think through them and come to a logical conclusion. Now this book was written back in 1941 I believe, and it is amazing how this is still true today. As a society, we have become so tolerant of all these different philosophies and just accept them into the big schmorgisboard of beliefs. Nobody argues anymore. Arguing is a good thing. It forces people to think about what they're saying and see if what they believe makes sense. So basically Lewis says that Satan steers us away from argument and towards acceptance of all of those philosophies that are out there.

So, yeah, good book and you'll probably hear some more thoughts on it at some later point in time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Moore said...

"Nobody argues anymore. Arguing is a good thing." -- good point.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home