so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Cold water really does trump all

So it's been a while since I posted on here last, but I did warn you that I might neglect this blog for long periods of time. Nevertheless, I am posting now, and hopefully it will have been worth the wait. Well I will try to post on here a little more regularly, so my minions of dedicated readers *hopes desperately* can check back more frequently.

There was a question that came up a few days ago and it went something like this: "If you could be any animal, what would you be?" My first inclination was to blurt out "cheetah!", for somewhat obvious reasons. But after thinking about it, I realized that even though I would be able to run really fast, I wouldn't be able to do much else. So then after thinking for a little while longer, I thought it might be cool to be a gecko. For those who don't know, geckos have the amazing ability to walk on walls and ceilings because they basically have suction cups on their feet. But then I got thinking again, and as cool as it would be to have suction cup feet, I realized that geckos are really small and probably can't get around really fast, which is the main reason I originally wanted to be a cheetah. Plus, I found out from those Geiko commercials that geckos have a British accent, and I definitely don't want to have a British accent. So then I thought maybe I could be like a hybrid animal - a cross between a cheetah and a gecko. I would have the cheetah's speed and accent, and the gecko's suction cup feet. I figured that this might not be the greatest since this type of animal doesn't exist, and if it did, it would probably the weirdest looking thing in the entire universe, and I wouldn't like to be the weirdest looking thing in the entire universe. So basically, I had this huge dilemna on my hands, I didn't know what to pick: speed and quickness or suction cupiness? So I decided to just be a polar bear because they can swim in really cold water.

Let me ask you, if you could be one animal, what would you be and why? Let the comments flow...

Oh, and on an entirely different note, check out this awesome C.S. Lewis quote (Told you that you'd hear from him again). This is talking about those low times in life where it is hard to imagine that what is happening is in accordance with God's will - much like what happened to Job, although not necessarily limited to that degree.

"[Satan's] cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do [God's] will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of [God] seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

A leaopard. Handsdown

1:33 PM  
Blogger Nikki Moore said...

i haven't commented yet because i haven't decided what animal i'd be. i thought maybe a gnat or another nearly-invisible organism, because people would say anything in front of me (since i'm nearly-invisible and all). but i think gnats have a lifespan of like eight hours or something.

then i thought maybe a giraffe, because you could get all the tasty leaves at the tops of the trees that no one else can reach. but there's still that awkward long-neck thing.

maybe i would be one of those great big blue butterflies. just because they're shiny, and a cool color.

how about an AFLAC frog?? or whatever mysterious creature we heard in the jungle. oh, the jungle. :)

moving on. good Lewis quote.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home