so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Friday, October 27, 2006

The death of a pen

So a very sad thing happened to me this morning. In case you don't know, I always have to have a pen with me at all times, so if you are ever with me and need a pen, I've got one. It's one of those things where if I stick my hand in my pocket and there's no pen there, I feel naked or something. It's kind of weird actually. Not only do I like to have a pen at all times, I like to keep the same pen until either its ink runs out or I lose it.

Okay, here's where the sad part comes in. At about 1:05 this morning, my pen died. I've had it for so long, I couldn't help but think of all the places it's been with me. It's been to many a Husker game, most notably the Alamo Bowl of last year, it's been to numerous states, of which I don't know if I could remember all of them. It's even been to South America and been close to the closest you can be to outer space and still be touching the ground. Not very many pens can say that they've done that. So it is kind of sad to think that it is dead. I think I'll be able to pull through though.

This wasn't all that unexpected, I should say. It's one of those pens where you can see how much ink is left until it reaches the part that actually dispenses the ink. So I knew it would run out at some point, I just didn't know exactly when. Plus, now I get to start on a whole new pen, so we'll see where this one gets to go and if I can hold onto it for as long as I did with the last one. You should see how new this one looks, it's pretty awesome. And shiny. But anyways, yea. That is all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was in college i used blue bic pens with the kind of soft-feeling outside. i would use the same one all semester, and almost every semester it would run out of ink while i was taking a final. i think that happened 5 or 6 times (out of 8 semesters). luckily, i usually had a backup pen. if not, i had to fall back on pencil, which i ALWAYS had, me being a math major and all. anyway, i always felt like i had accomplished something when i ran a pen out of ink. that's a lot of writing (or scribbling, which i often did), and a pretty big commitment to one writing utensil. so congratulations, justin, on running your pen out of ink.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Nikki Moore said...

i have observed a moment of silence in honor of the pen. i hope you gave it a nice burial, or memorial ceremony at least. tell me where to send cards.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home