so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Perspective

So, I've found how much our perspective on something can change so much about our thinking and even affect our reactions to certain circumstances. There is a positive and negative side to everything, and what we choose to look at makes a big difference in what our attitude is like. I always like to try and find the positive in every circumstance, even if there is not much positive to begin with. Well, for instance, spring break is over and we do not have a break until school is done. Now you can either think about the fact that our break is already over and we have to go back to school now, or you can look at the fact that there is only a month and a half of school left for the year. Now this is a small and pretty irrelevant example, but it is easy to see how much your thinking can change when looking at the positives as opposed to the negatives. I guess the greatest thing about perspective is that no matter what the circumstance and no matter how much pain we're going through, we can always find joy somewhere, and that is what gets us through. It is amazing how one's state of mind can help them through a seemingly hopeless situation. So perspective is so very important in our every day lives. Well, this is probably really jumbled and didn't make sense, so I'll stop now. Hey, at least it was short(er).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home