so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

A childlike faith

So, I've always been fascinated by the concept of faith. I don't know, I've just always liked it and liked thinking about it. For some reason, it seems so easy though. I mean, all I have to do is just believe? Believing something to be true is just so simple. It is pretty much just a matter of trust. I've found that I tend to trust just about everybody, which may be a bad thing. But if someone says that they will do something, I assume that they will do it. Children will trust whatever is told to them by their parents and will not only believe them, but do what they say. That is how we should trust in God. Now faith is trust in God, and if I find it easy to trust other sinners, it should be amazingly easy to trust in a perfect God. So faith in God is pretty easy if you think about it. It is the living out of that faith that is the hard part. Faith without works is dead, so true faith makes us live our lives a certain way, and that is where it can get tough. In the midst of persecution and trials we must respond always looking to the promises that God has given us, because it is the faith and hope of those promises coming to be true that gets us through. Speaking of hope, it goes along with faith very well. Hope is the joyous expectation and anticipation that what we believe will come true. It is like a child who can't sleep on Christmas Eve because he knows that there will be presents galore under the tree on Christmas morning. So hope is how we react to what we believe to be true.

Trust, hope and works are all elements of faith. Trust is the belief, hope is how we react and works are faith in action. True faith requires all three. I guess the best example really is that of a child.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Moore said...

*taking notes*

:)

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home