so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dead week

So dead week is nearly upon those of us who call ourselves college students, and I for one am fairly happy that it is almost here. I normally have pretty big beefs with the title of this week, because I feel that it is so misleading. It seems like it should just be a week where there are no classes and nothing to do except study for finals. The only thing special about dead week, though, is that professors aren't allowed to assign anything during that week that was not on the syllabus that was handed out at the beginning of the year. All this means is that there can be no surprises in what needs to be handed in, so professors can have as many tests/quizzes/homework as they want. And since this is the last week before finals, they normally take advantage of this in a major way. So dead week can turn into the busiest week of the year for some people, and judging by the name, this should not be. I don't really mind if it's a busy week, just don't call it something that is so opposite of busy.

The reason I am glad that it is almost here, though, is that I have absolutely nothing due during the week. So in my case, it actually lives up to its name. Well I won't rub it in anymore, because I will probably get made fun of for my finals schedule, and I don't want to make it any worse than it could be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Moore said...

once again, thank you for clarifying this for anyone who hasn't really gone to a real college. *clears throat*

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home