so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Demon possessed radios

So, the best prank that I was ever a part of was probably in my Pre-Calculus class of my junior year in high school. I want to give a little bit of background about our teacher, because it makes the story all the better. Our teacher was pretty much out of it all the time. He probably got 2 hours of sleep per night and was just tired and it was obvious that he couldn't think straight at times. He told us so much about himself, and we found that he was probably the weirdest teacher we'd ever had. He actually held the Guinness book of world record for quarter snatching for a while. (Quarter snatching is where you put a stack of quarters on your elbow and then try to grab them without any of them hitting the ground). He actually failed his high school geometry class because he practiced this quarter snatching all the time. He was our MATH teacher, mind you. Other things he did: cover his ears and have a pained look on his face whenever the school bell rang, used a flowbee, told us he heard voices in his head at various times throughout class. So you can get a good picture of what this guy was like.

Well here is where the prank comes in. He had this radio in his room and it had a remote control. Now we found out that someone in our class had the same radio, and therefore the same remote. So we brought that remote and turned on the radio pretty much every class period. At first, he thought we were messing with him, but when he found out that his remote was still in the drawer, he figured there was something wrong with his radio. The first few times we did it after that, the radio station was just static, but he didn't think it was his radio, he thought it was someone vacuuming in the other room. Someone who was vacuuming in one place for a good fifteen minutes straight. Most of the time, one of the students had to turn it off because it did get pretty annoying, but the teacher just thought it was a vacuum.

The best part of the whole thing, though, was that we actually convinced him that his radio was demon possessed. We told him he should go have it exercised in order to fix the problem. He didn't think that would do anything. He actually was going to take it into Best Buy to try and have them fix it, but he never got around to it. That would have been great. I could just picture those Best Buy employees telling him there was nothing wrong with his radio, but him just telling them that it would turn on by itself. Honestly, how does something just turn on by itself? Well, we convinced him that it did, and it was well worth all our effort to see him go even crazier than he already was. Well, that was probably the best prank that I've been a part of. It was really pretty spectacular.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

That is probably the best prank ever, just because he completely thought it was real.. i really want to know what sears told him when he called...

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home