so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Monday, November 13, 2006

A bunch of jumbled words that hopefully made sense

So I've been thinking a lot about purpose and why I am here, exactly. This was mainly sparked by one of our college group "discussions" a couple weeks back, so I've been thinking about it for a while now. I mean, I've heard all of the obvious answers that we're here to glorify God and things along those lines, but how does that become incorporated into my life both now and in the future? I guess I'm thinking more of what God's plans are for me in the future when I'm talking about this because I really have no idea what they bring. So aside from the obvious answers, what is my ultimate purpose for being here? Sure, I'm supposedly going to graduate from college and start a career, but what does that mean? How does God plan to use that to His ultimate glory? It's something that is kind of weird to think about and also something that we can never really know. It's the second part of that that has gotten me thinking the most. I feel that we as a society have all become so dependent on being in control of every situation that we are in and have lost a sense of trust. When we see that we don't have complete control over the future, it can be a little despairing. I guess what I've started to realize and still haven't fully grasped is that we can take joy in knowing that God does have a plan for us that will come about in His own timing. I know this is something that has been said so many times before, but I think this is the first time that I've actually started to realize what that means. We just have to worry about the here and now and focus on how we bring Him glory today and God will take care of our future. The biggest thing is trust in God because He will reveal His purpose for our lives in His time and we have to be content with where He has us at and with what He is doing.

I feel like this has all been jumbled together, so let me just recap real quick. God has a purpose and intent for our lives. We know this is true by the mere fact that we are still on this earth. It is easy to lose focus on that fact and begin to wonder why we are even here. It all comes back to a trust and reliance upon God, realizing that He will use us more perfectly than we can ever imagine. If we can focus on Him and allowing Him to conform us to His will, then we will never be disappointed with where life, or God I should say, takes us. So that's what I've been thinking about as of late and will most likely still be pondering in times to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home