so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

That last hour

So I've found that I love the last hour of work. This is kind of unusual for me because every job I've had before this the last hour was terrible and took what seemed like days to pass. Now this is my first part-time job, so my days aren't as long, but the last hour of any work day should be terrible, in my opinion. But at this job I realize that I actually enjoy the last hour of the day. The reason that I like it is that it is so laid back. Nearly everybody takes off at 5 each day, and since I work until 6, there is basically nobody in the office. It is so quiet and I never have anything to do, because everyone is gone. It is in this final hour that I turn the volume on my ipod up a little bit and just sit back and relax. Sometimes I play solitaire or minesweeper and other times I'll read the newspaper or browse the internet, but that last hour is entirely up to me in how I spend it. The best part of that time, though, is that once there are only ten minutes left, everyday I turn on "Only in Dreams" by Weezer, which just so happens to be eight minutes long. This is one of the greatest songs done by Weezer, in my opinion, and if you haven't heard it, I would highly recommend it, but when you do, you have to listen to the whole thing, otherwise it loses some of its greatness. But that song just puts a perfect cap to the day. So once it is over, I just use the last two minutes to put everything away and make my way out. It works out pretty well actually. Well, until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home