so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Monday, April 16, 2007

I love that new car smell (even though it's bad for you).


So I'm buying a car, for those of you who don't know, and it is supposedly being put together today. I really like the idea of having a car put together and given directly to me without anyone else even starting the engine. If you ever buy a brand new car, I would highly recommend getting one that will be newly delivered to the lot, because that is about as new as it can get. No test-drives by anyone else, no mileage on the odometer, nothing. It will be all MY car. I think it will be a great feeling to start the engine for the first time and see 0 miles on it. That seems like something that very few people would ever get to experience, first of all because a lot of people buy used cars and secondly because almost every new car will have at least a few miles on it. So it feels like such a privilege and honor to give a car its very first miles. Even though it is being made today (hopefully), it will take only 10 days to get to the dealership, so that's a pretty good turn around. It doesn't really feel like I'm getting a new car in 10 days, but I know I'll love it when it gets here. I have actually found myself driving on certain stretches of road wishing I had my new car just because it would be so fun to drive in that particular place. I think the weirdest thing that I have felt, or not felt, out of all of this is that I haven't had any nervousness or regret. It seems like that would be something that would crop up when buying something as expensive and important as a car, but I've never had any doubts at all, which I guess is a good thing. It will just make me all the happier when it gets here. So I guess a good thing to know is that if you feel no regret about buying a car, then you have the right car. Well, these are some of my thoughts about buying a new car. Hopefully it will help all of you who are planning a new car purchase in the near future. Happy searching!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

you never told us what kind of car it is. you should do that.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Sorry there Chad. I am getting a Honda Civic SI, manual transmission, 6 speed, 4 door and the color is galaxy grey. Kind of a dumb color name, but it's a good color. Kind of a granite steeley look.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Nikki Moore said...

i'm so excited for my, i mean your, car to get here!!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so justin, i'm so glad that you're getting a manual. really it's the only way to go...SO MUCH F-U-N!!! automatics are just so boring...not to mention the fact that you always go for the clutch, later to realize that there isn't one so you end up hitting the brake with your left foot and inadvertantly slamming to a speedy halt. and yes...i've done it...it's crappy...

12:19 AM  
Blogger Jacob said...

gee, why didnt i get a new car.... oh wait, cause im not rich.......
btw, i dont think itl be at 0 miles. they usually have to drive it onto the lot when the truck delivers them.

ya, maybe you can drive me to group a couple times... or maybe let me drive your car and well call it even...lol

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home