so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Cracklin' Oat Bran®

So, I'm pretty sure that Cracklin' Oat Bran® is the best cereal ever. It is just so good. If you've never had it, I first of all pity you beyond all belief and then highly recommend going out and buying a box right now. Don't wait! Go! Right now! Well I'm going to be a little pessimistic here and assume that you didn't go buy a box just now, so I suppose I will try to describe the magnificent taste that is Cracklin' Oat Bran®.

I'm pretty sure I am going to do a huge injustice by describing this, because it really is that good. The definition given on the Kellogg's® website is "crunchy, sweet whole grain oat cereal." Let me break this down for you.

First of all it really is crunchy. And it stays crunchy for a long time. I am one of those people who hate soggy cereal, and this stuff doesn't become soggy unless you leave it in milk for ages. Well, it probably doesn't last THAT long, but it will remain crunchy for the amount of time it would take any normal person to eat a bowl of cereal.

Secondly, it is sweet. Oh boy, is it sweet. Not sugary, like most cereals, but sweet. It is just the perfect balance of sweet but not sugary. Two of the ingredients are cinnamon and brown sugar, and I don't know about you, but those two things are pretty fantastic in my book. And what's great about Cracklin' Oat Bran® is that it is all baked in, none of the sugar or cinnamon sits on top, which makes the whole thing better in my opinion. It's just so good.

Lastly, it is a "whole grain oat" cereal. Even though it is sweet and tastes great, it is still good for you! Not that eating something that is bad for me stops me from eating it, but this is just a huge bonus. It is rather rare to find a both tasty and healthy food item, but this is definitely one of the few. Just take a look at this Nutritional Information:

So yea, good and good for you. The only downfall of Cracklin' Oat Bran is that it is more on the expensive side. But the price is well worth it in my opinion. It is fantastic! Spectacular! Magnificent! Shocking! Stunning! Jaw dropping good! Well I wouldn't recommend dropping your jaw if you can at all help it, because then you might lose some of it, and not a single ounce should go to waste. It is that good.

I've never wanted a bowl of cereal more in my life than I do right now. Bad idea, Justin; bad idea.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Moore said...

i guess i have your pity because i have never tried it, as you know. but i would willingly try it, if you would ever share it with me. :)

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...well i don't actually eat cereal. i guess you could say that's sad, but i guess i wouldn't really know. the only cereal i'll eat is lucky charms...and that's DEFINITELY without milk. but i can't remember the last time i've even had that. probably like 10 years ago or so. huh. so i guess i'll never find out about this cereal stuff you like so much. but what a weird name for a cereal, really. sounds like something you'd get at some chuck wagon for breakfast while vacationing out in western nebraska :).

11:24 PM  
Blogger Nikki Moore said...

katie, it's even good plain, without milk. i tried it. mmmmmmmm

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anybody know why its so expensive?

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home