so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ice cream

So, ice cream is basically the best food ever, and I decided that I would inform you all as to what ice cream is best. There are really only two brands of ice cream I ever get, the two being Breyer's and Blue Bunny. I guess I do get Edy's every once in a while, but that is only when they have Butterfinger ice cream. If you want to eat ice cream all by its lonesome, get Blue Bunny's cookies 'n cream. It is probably the best ice cream flavor out there. It's just so good. If you want to put lots of toppings on your ice cream though, get Breyer's vanilla. It is the highest quality ice cream that is readily available, and it has little vanilla bean specks in it, which just give it so much more texture. So Breyer's vanilla is the best ice cream for putting whatever you want on it.

I do have one beef with Blue Bunny though. I guess it's not really with Blue Bunny, but with the grocery stores that carry it. Blue Bunny has come out with a new container for its ice cream that looks pretty cool and has a nice lid and everything, but its smaller than the normal 1/2 gallon size. Not only is it smaller, but it is more expensive as well. The new container doesn't even do anything special either. It's just as hard to get ice cream out of it, the only difference is what it looks like. Now what I just hate is that grocery stores actually try to sell ice cream in these new containers. You'd have to be a blooming idiot to pay more for less ice cream. I mean, COME ON! And what I really hate is that Wal-Mart sells ONLY the new container kind. I refuse to buy groceries from Wal-Mart for this single reason. If they think I'm going to pay more for less, then they are gravely mistaken. I applaud Blue Bunny for being able to sell these new containers to grocery stores across the nation, but absolutely despise grocery stores for thinking that I'm stupid enough to buy them.

Phew! Ok, I feel better now. I just hope that you all realize how important shopping for ice cream really is. It is something that should not be taken lightly at all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about ice cream shops? i'm a pretty big fan of goodrich for variety (peanut butter fudge... mmmmmmm) and ivanna cone for all-around quality. the unl dairy story is also right up there - i'd highly recommend it. on the other hand, there's cold stone, which i think is waaaay overpriced and overrated. thoughts?

1:10 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

I do like ice cream shops as well. The places that make it themselves are pretty fantastic. Funny thing, I had coldstone just the other day and it was not good at all. I had the peanut butter thing with Reese's in it, and it tasted like I was eating plain peanut butter. It was pretty gross. I think the only thing that I like from Cold Stone is ice cream with Butterfinger in it, but that's more the Butterfinger that makes it taste good instead of the ice cream...

9:13 AM  
Blogger Nikki Moore said...

my thoughts about coldstone and any ice cream place: if you choose a disgusting combination of ice cream and toppings, of course it's going to be awful. :) and my favorite ice cream mixture from coldstone is totally worth the four bucks or whatever it is. i'm not a huge fan of Ivannacone. the ice cream was like...elastic. stretchy. gross.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home