so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Monday, May 14, 2007

The death of another pen

So, if you'll remember, I wrote about the day my pen died a while back. If you want a refresher, you can read it here. Well now the pen after it has died, and I figured I would write a little about it as well.

This pen didn't really get to do anything exciting. It pretty much took notes for the duration of its life. It was a trustworthy pen, but it didn't get to go anywhere or do anything particularly exciting. I guess the most excitement it saw was the Big XII Championship game. It also saw numerous other Husker football games, but that is pretty much the extent of what it saw. I feel kind of sad for this pen, because it was a real work horse and didn't get much play time. Just day after day, it took notes. Pages and pages of notes. Well pen, I applaud you and your life. Had it not been for you, I would be a lot dumber right now. So thank you. It just doesn't seem fair. My new pen will get to go to Peru and Chicago and possibly all over the east coast. I guess some pens are meant for work while others are meant for play. But pen, I can assure you that all your work will never be forgotten.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Moore said...

it seems like this latest deceased pen (peace be upon him) lasted a much shorter time than its precedessor. i guess that's because it had to do so much note-taking. i do feel a little sorry for the pen, since it didn't get to go to many cool places.

but just think how spoiled the next one will be. it'll go all over the world, feeling free and inconquerable, then it'll have to get used to the realities of taking pages and pages of notes.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home