so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Finally, a post! (sort of)

So it has been a REALLY long time since I posted on here last. But since next week is spring break and I'm sitting here at work with no homework to do, I figured I'd blog a little bit (and trust me, there is a direct correlation there). So much has happened since I was on here last. Christmas has come and gone, a new year is here, and with it brings lots more school and busyness. But I finally have a break, so I am finally writing to you all.

A quick comment: Even though I know I could have posted more regularly, I don't like the idea of throwing something up here. I don't generally like writing, mainly because it's a lot of work for me. I guess I view writing as a minor form of art, and because of that, it should have a lot of thought put into it. So I don't like to rush writing and therefore I need lots of time to be able to put posts on here. I'm just making sure that all of you get the highest quality blogging that I can give. :)

I've wondered what I should write about after being absent for so long. It seems like a popular thing to make a "Top 10" list of albums from 2007, but then I wondered if I'd even listened to 10 albums from 2007. Well after much thinking and deliberation, I found out that I hadn't. I only got to 9, so I feel kind of out of the loop now. I don't have enough time to find new stuff, let alone listen to it. I don't listen enough to what I have now to warrant adding more to listen to. So I decided to not do a "Top 10."

Another quick comment: Of what I did listen to last year, Radiohead's In Rainbows was excellent ("Jigsaw Falling Into Place" = amazing), and the most underrated album from last year, in my opinion, is Fewer Moving Parts by David Bazan. This is probably my #1 album of all I listened to. It is a shorter album (only 5 songs), but they are all great songs. And why not have 5 great songs rather than 10 mediocre songs? I don't know either. It might take some getting used to for die-hard Pedro the Lion fans, but this album is great.

Comment on the above comment: Part of the reason why I like David Bazan is because he seems like the kind of guy who doesn't rush anything. He puts out what he wants, when he wants and won't settle for less than par just to get a longer album out there. Kind of like the way I feel with writing. Quality over quantity!

So back to what this post is really about. After ruling out a "Top 10", I thought I'd stay on the theme of music and talk about all the music events I am and potentially could be going to (Built to Spill, Sam Beam (Iron & Wine), Jens Lekman). But then I thought that those would be better posts for after I had actually gone to the show, so I decided to wait on that.

Yet another quick comment: I am definitely going to the Built to Spill concert, which is this Monday down in Kansas City (Yay for spring break!). I'm still up in the air on Sam Beam, as that is on a weekday in a couple of weeks, and I'm about 95% sure I'm going to the Jens Lekman concert, which would be the day after Sam Beam. So there's lots of potential there.

So after I got rid of that idea, I finally decided what this blog post should be about. But this post is getting rather long, so I think I'll save it for next time. Sorry again for the long gap. I will try to keep those gaps to a minimum from now on.

One final comment: I think I just made a post that's not really even a post. Man, I must be really out of practice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could become a sit-com...."a post about nothing" and people could relate, and laugh and cry and you could make lots of money. think about it justin.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Nikki Moore said...

oh my gosh, why didn't either of us think of this before, justin?? j'net has a great idea there. however, i guess that last post might have been about nothing. :)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home