so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Never trust a rooster from Peru

So one of the most memorable things from the trip, for a bad reason, was the roosters. They were really loud and I'm pretty sure that there were at least 5 of them right outside my door. Well that might be debated by other members of the trip, but don't listen to them. So 5 roosters, right outside my door, every night. But these roosters must have been retarded or something, because I don't think I was ever waken up at the same time twice, and the sun was never up when they started their crowing. I thought that was like a requirement for roosters. Wait until the sun is up before making noise. Well these guys must have crowed every time they saw the moon. It made for some pretty miserable sleeping. Well that combined with the hard pillows and various other noises, but that's a whole other story. But if you ever find yourself in Peru and hear the roosters crow, I am warning you not to trust that it is time to get up. Maybe being in the southern hemisphere throws them off or something, but it's not time to get up. Seeing sunlight would be a good indication of if it's time to get up, so at least wait for that. But yea, never trust a rooster from Peru. Those are wise words to live by.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Moore said...

i love this! it made me laugh really hard!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home