so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Internet

So, here I am at work without internet. Well that's not entirely true, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to write this. I do bring my computer and the wireless internet is working just fine. But my work computer is without internet, which basically means my computer is "down." I don't really understand why this term is used, because everything except the internet still works. The computer can still run every program that's on there, it just can't connect to the internet. Even though this is the only problem with my computer at the current point in time, it really is pretty much "down" because I can't do anything related to work. Everything that I need to get to us on a network drive, so I can't access it. It's pretty funny to be here right now, because there are a couple other people's computers that are "down", so they just have to stand around and wait because they can't do anything else. So here we are at work, not being able to do any work (not that I have much work to do anyways). That's pretty crazy, and all because the internet doesn't work. It's kind of surprising how dependent everyone is on it. I was kind of wondering what would happen if the internet just stopped working. Everywhere. I'm sure there would be mass hysteria and the economy would dive into the ground and the world would cease to exist. That's what I think would happen anyways. I also wonder how long people would just sit around waiting for the internet to work again. I bet it would take quite a long time before anyone started working without the use of the internet. The world would basically stand still. But those are just my theories. It's just kind of crazy to realize how important the internet is today. Al Gore must be a genius after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home