so tell me...

This blog is going to be pretty random as far as I can see at this point. I don't really know if there will be any organization to it, so we'll see what happens I guess. I'll probably just ramble about stuff I'm thinking about or things that have happened to me, or I might just make stuff up, I'm not really sure yet. So I hope I can keep it interesting, and I hope I can post new things somewhat regularly. Well anyways, enjoy!

Monday, May 12, 2008

June can't come too soon

So, school is finally out for the semester, and hopefully that means I can pay more attention to this here blog. There are many great things about summer and this summer will be pretty great just because of all the new things that will be hitting the market. I am mostly excited for the month of June, in which many things dealing with entertainment and multimedia will be announced and/or released. I'm going to warn you now that some of these things may seem a little nerdy, but that won't stop me from being excited about their releases. Well let's get started, shall we?

Computers
The first event of June will be the Apple Developer Conference. These conferences are always awesome because of the fact that it's Apple and they always have something new and exciting coming out. The first thing that they may be announcing is an update to their Macbook and Macbook Pro to make them look more like their iMacs. This will basically just make them look cooler. Apple will also be releasing a new iPhone with 3G capabilities. 3G is just AT&T's form of Wifi, and it is much faster than Edge, their current service. These new iPhones have also been rumored to have cameras on the front of the phone to allow for video chatting and the back of the iPhone will now be a glossy black. These new phones might actually come out before June because of the fact that the current iPhone is no longer available on Apple's online store. One last thing that may or may not be announced is a Mac tablet, which would basically be some sort of PDA and look like a big iPod Touch. I probably won't be buying any of these new products, but one thing I will be using is the new App store that will be opened. This store allows for users to download 3rd party applications to their iPhone or iPod Touch. These applications include games, instant messaging and other helpful services. So it will be fun to see what all Apple comes out with and drool over their new products a little bit.

Video Games
Another reason I am so excited for June is because of Metal Gear Solid 4. This game looks incredible. It will only be available on Playstation 3, and Sony will most likely drop their prices on the PS3 just because of this game. I don't have a PS3 yet, so that is another reason that I am anxious for June: to be able to get the PS3 at a more affordable price. When I get a PS3, I will basically be getting it for Metal Gear Solid alone, but don't worry, I will still use it for Blu-ray movies, music and of course other games. (I'd highly recommend looking up Gran Turismo 5, just to look at the graphics) So June should be a great month for video games.

Music
There are two albums that will be released in June that I am excited about. I don't know how good they'll be as both artists have had pretty big hits in the past, so expectations are high. The first is Coldplay. I like Coldplay and I actually thought that they broke apart, so I'm even more excited that they're releasing a new album. The other album is the new Weezer album. It's been since about 1997 that they've released a good album, so I'm pretty anxious to see what this new album will be like.

Movies
There aren't a whole lot of movies of interest that are coming out in June. I will probably go see Get Smart, because that looks pretty funny. What I'm most excited about, though, is the new Indiana Jones movie and The Dark Knight. I know that neither of these come out in June, but if you average their release dates, it is in June. But all this to say that there are some good movies coming out soon as well.

So that's it I think. I'll be sure to update you all if there's anything more that I forgot to add. If any of you have some June releases you're looking forward too, be sure to let me know. Well that's all for now. Thanks for listening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Moore said...

averaging the release dates = June? that is pretty sketchy. :)

oh, and i thought there was a multitude of reasons to get a PS3, remember?? :)

11:47 PM  
Blogger Nikki Moore said...

i think it is time for a new blog, since you posted this one on May 12. i guess you could wait until Sept 12 to make a nice even four months between posts.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home